Sunday, May 31, 2009

Starting a New Chapter...

When our friends told us they were building a house about 10 minutes away from us we were really excited that they would be living closer. We took a drive to see exactly how close, and, well, what can I tell you... We fell in love with one of the model homes. When we found out the price we fell in love even more.

After much discussion, planning and praying we felt really strongly that building this house and moving out of our scary neighborhood is what we should be doing. I normally freak out about making such a big step, but I have felt great about everything.

So on Friday I listed our house on the MLS at around 2pm, had a call from a realtor by 5pm, and had an offer by midnight. We couldn't even believe it! So our house is now under contract. I didn't even stick a for sale sign in front of our house. It just all happened so fast. So if everything goes as planned (because it doesn't always) we will close the end of June. Our house won't be done until about October, so that means we will be moving in with Ryan's parents for the next few months. It should be an adventure for all of us.

The next 4 months or so are going to be so hard between two moves, not having all our stuff and feeling like we're inconveniencing my in-laws, but I know it will all be worth it. I'm just so excited to be able to sit in our front yard, and not have to worry as much about neighbor kids shouting out swear words. Oh, and did I mention there will be a park in the neighborhood? It will be a great place to raise our family, and it will finally feel like we can get settled in.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing is better than feeling settled! Congratulations! We're really excited for you. Hope everything goes as planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I am so excited for you to start on your new adventure... although it is a lot of work to move, move, build and move again! We are excited to have you as neighbors for a few months.

    ReplyDelete