Sunday, August 21, 2011

Neighborhood Birthday Party 2011

Since there are so many kids in our neighborhood we celebrate everyone's birthday on the same day. Hailey had been look forward to this party, and was so excited. The morning of the party our internet was down so I couldn't see my email to double check on the time. I was about to text one of my neighbors, but I thought, "No, it's got to be at 11am...All the other activities are". Well...we showed up at the park right at 11am, but the party was already going on! Oh great! It was at 10am! I sent Hailey and Hayden down to join the other kids. Unfortunately, they were on their last activity. Hailey came up to me and said, "Mom, I thought this party was going to be longer". I've never felt like such a failure as a mother. I secretly broke down in tears to one of my neighbors. Luckily Hailey's real birthday is this coming Tuesday. Hopefully I will be able to make it up to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment